Monday, June 16, 2008

(Date Illegible)

Ning,

Your letter quite humored me. So father is now a hypocrite, money the utmost importance. I was somewhat glad, perhaps he would finally be able to maintain his home with more than empty words. Unfortunately, as always, he cannot secure one steady stream of income. For your sake, I will send one month's rent, no more-just tell your father to get his act together.

I read your prisoner's "poetry". Oh, I completely understand what your prisoner friend thinks he thinks. The literacy and the "philosophical" text you have provided have given a man false hope. Our father too was an imprisoned man, imprisoned by "The Way". Likewise, father has managed to trap yet another soul into believing he is now following this "Way". I say this twice imprisoned man has completely lost his way.

Regardless, I must come down to see you and this operation, and I will bring one month's rent for you to give father. Till then, Jun.

No comments: