Friday, June 20, 2008

Honored Recipient (XLII)

I do not, and cannot know who will receive this. I tuck this letter into the front of this copy of The Way because one begets two, and two begets three.
By this one letter, I hope you write letters of your own, and do so often. I have heard of some people who cast bottles, corked and waxed, to carry a note wherever the capricious waves will take them. This book is my bottle, and I am glad that it has found its way to you.
Be like the bottle, the book. Through effortless effort, it was brought to you, and so The Way eternally buoys you.
Many were the struggles, and no small amount of blood was shed as well. Feel not sorrowful, be mindful. Those that struggle violently suffer violently too. Those who seek others shall not be alone. Those who seek peace for themselves and those around them will bring it with them. I have seen this truth myself.
May you find Your Way, here in this letter, or here in this book, or here in this world.

No comments: