Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dear Brother,

The most disheartening thing is happening. Lam and some of the most promising prisoner/students of father, is dissenting and refusing to cooperate with the printing arrangement! Mother is understanding, but father, although compassionate, has been getting more and more desperate. In his desperation he is resorting to more and more drastic measures. The situation is changing daily, father seemingly has thought of everything, although i find myself not agreeing with actions.
If the situation gets more desperate, I am starting to fear the very same thing father is fighting so hard for. This success, the security, the house. To be quite honest with you brother, this new found negative energy and drive of fathers is disheartening. I wanted father to be happy, I wanted our family to be happy. This situation is not what I want. My mind races at night, my thoughts scattered, anxious.
The other day I saw a bumbling prisoner, one of the dissenting students scribbling what appeared to be nonsense on the wall, cursing father I imagined. I told father immediatly and I heard the beatings shortly afterwards. This troubled me, is father blind to see anything but yuan signs, and hear nothing but cash registers? Has he forgotten the very principles upin which he is printing? Again I found the prisoner scribbling, I copied what I saw, and kept it to myself. It was confusing and enigmatic but as i read the Tao Te Ching the meaning of his scribbling started unfolding, becoming clearer. I wish to speak to him, and I mean to very soon. Please don't tell father.

- Ning

No comments: